Press-Release: 16th Nov 2014
By: Techemy ltd
For: General news distribution.
With the explosion of interest in Bitcoin over the last 24 months, keywords, trademarks and domain names around bitcoin have become somewhat of a commodity.
Techemy Ltd, a NZ based start-up, has secured a key domain name in the bitcoin space: Http://bitcoin.info
Company co-founder and CEO, Fran Strajnar stated:
“After having spent 11 months building a stable price index (BNC Price-Index via Bravenewcoin.com), we wanted to offer the world a clean website with a solid domain name for 1 reason: Accurate Price-Discovery (and related tools).”
Price-Discovery is the economic concept of finding the value & price in a marketplace. This is a basic requirement for an emerging industry to build products and services around.
Strajnar expands with;
“MtGox represented the bulk of trading in Bitcoin until the end of 2013. It was easy to discover the price during Gox’s reign. Since then, literally dozens of exchanges have open shop all around the world and surprisingly no other index out there, captures anywhere near all of this data, making Price Discovery somewhat questionable. We believe Price Discovery to be a ‘Public-Good’, and will not be charging for this. Our API is free to use, constantly added-to as new exchanges open their doors, accurate & stable. A public good for the industry to use”.
What sort of services require an accurate global-bitcoin-price?
- Wallets: Consumers want to pay an accurate market price at all times.
- Futures & Financial products: Financial products require stable backbone. One example: 796.com, the world’s largest Bitcoin-Futures exchange, uses this API calculate their Millions of USD worth of weekly settlements.
- Billing platforms: Invoicing & billing services require a current price to generate correct fiat figures for business owners.
- Portfolio Management: Tracking your client’s or your own investments.
- Gaming Industry: Settlement calculation or Fiat value displayed to gamers.
- News & info Services: News agencies and search engines can now display comprehensive market data.
- Any possible product or service that requires an accurate price Fiat price for Bitcoin.
The API is available here: http://api.bravenewcoin.com/ticker/bnc_ticker_btc.json
Techemy Ltd collects a ton of data from the Bitcoin & Altcoin marketplaces. If you or your company require something custom or more advanced, like global consolidated order books, or plan on running a service where such data is critical and you require a Service-Level-Agreement, the company can be reached on their website.