Lightweight bitcoin clients differ mainly in that the blockchain is not stored on your computer, so they rely on a server to receive and send transactions.
- Allows almost the same level of security as locally stored desktop wallets
- Work well in environments with a slow or limited internet connection, such as mobile phones and rural areas with dialup.
- Have to trust the server to be online reliably
- Have the privacy disadvantages of browser and online wallets
- No options available for iPhones, even rooted ones through Cydia
The main options for this type are Electrum for the desktop and Bitcoinspinner for mobile phones (Android only).
Bitcoin Magazine is the realized vision of Mihai. From Issue #1, which was shipped from his living room in Romania, to today Bitcoin Magazine bears Mihai’s imprint. Bitcoin Magazine has grown as he has grown with the magazine. What started out as a team of people that didn’t have any experience in the publishing industry, is now distributing a physical magazine internationally and in Barnes & Noble bookstores across the US. Online we reach more than 100,000 readers. You should be at least as proud as us, if not prouder, of this achievement.