Bitcoin Central & Eastern European Conference
The Bitcoin Central & Eastern European Conference will take place on September 11 and 12 in Ljubljana, Slovenia. The aim of this conference is to address Bitcoin’s future and business opportunities. Speakers include and are not limited to Radoslav Albrecht, CEO & Founder of Bitbond, Stephan Tual, Head of Communications at Ethereum, Jesse Heaslip, CEO of Bex.io, and Josh Zerlan, Operation Manager of Butterfly Labs. The program will open with a keynote by Steve Beauregard, CEO of GoCoin who will discuss Why Bitcoin Payments Should Be Your Preferred Checkout Method.
The Bitcoin Central & Eastern European Conference team issued the following press release:
BITCOIN CENTRAL & EASTERN EUROPEAN CONFERENCE
To be held in Ljubljana (Slovenia) on 11th & 12th September, 2014 at Hotel Slon.
About the Conference
We are gathering experts from all over the world for thoughtful and engaging networking, discussions on the future of Bitcoins and on the business opportunities it offers.
Our main goal is to encourage the participants to invest in this technology, giving them the key pieces to start in the Bitcoin business and providing an overview of where the virtual currency industry is today.
International speakers at the conference will cover, analyse and present successful business case studies within the Bitcoin ecosystem. Below is the list of confirmed speakers and the companies:
- Steve Beauregard, CEO of GoCoin (Keynote Speaker)
- Christian Ander, CEO & Founder of BTCX Sweden
- Elizabeth Ploshay, Individual Seat at Bitcoin Foundation
- Abdul Haseeb Awan, Co-Founder of Bitacces Canada
- Josh Zerlan, Operation Manager of Butterfly Labs
- Jesse Heaslip, CEO of Bex.io
- Alexis Roussel, Vice President of The Pirate Party (Switzerland)
- Radoslav Albrecht, CEO & Founder of Bitbond
- Stephan Tual, Head of Communications at Ethereum
- Jean-Louis Schiltz, Legal advisor, Professor at University of Luxembourg
- Stanislav Wolf, Vice President of Product Development at Yacuna AG
- Luka Pušič, President of Bitcoin Association Slovenia
- Ratko Rudić, Blockr.io
- Matija Mazi, Software Developer at JBoss
- Matjaž Pajk,Barrister at the Dušan Korošec & Barristers Law Firm
- Deborah Thoren-Peden, Partner at Pillsbury Law
We are expecting participants from Bitcoin start-ups, technologists, developers, entrepreneurs, regulators, cryptographers, Bitcoin experts, venture capitalists and the members of the Bitcoin communities who are supporting the conference (Slovenia, Croatia, Italia) or individuals who are interested to learn more about Bitcoin.
Gregor Knafelc, Managing director at GreCom:
“Slovenia has a strategic position in Central Eastern Europe, it is very close (2 to 4 hours drive) to European business main cities like Vienna, Milano, Munich, Zagreb. And furthermore, Slovenia counts with very strong Bitcoin technical and business Community. These are all reasons why we believe Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia is a perfect match for BitCoin Central Eastern European Conference where new ideas and successfully case studies will be demonstrated from all over the world. GreCom is Business Development Company which serves blue chip companies in CEE region and BitCoin companies who have need for taking their business to the next level. Our belief is that BitCoin is a truly global, decentralized, free-market based currency and payment system and such represents one of the incremental innovations in the last decade. Hope we see you in Ljubljana on 11th and 12th of September”
Organizers of the Conference
The first international Central and Eastern European Bitcoin conference hosted by GreCom Company.
GreCom is Business Development and Corporate Communication Company that serves blue chip companies in Slovenia and the CEE region as well as companies from BITCOIN ecosystem. GreCom is the main organizer of the conference and also a parent company to ComCoin, Bitcoin Startup Company.